This post has been viewed 74 times
Worship June 27
Email to a Friend
Posted on Fri, Jun 25, 2021
|Sermon Judges 11:29-40
Understanding Jepthah's Daughter
|The Book of Judges can be a little bit like a high school term paper. You've collected all the note cards. You've written most of the paper. You've got a few pages and a few cards yet to go; so you dump all the information on the cards that didn't fit anywhere else in the last few pages. That's Judges. A place to dump all the stories that don't fit anywere else.
Ehud and Shamgar and Jael and Jepthah are here. Jepthah is a story we don't often hear because it's uncomfortable. Not in the sense of sliding down the toilet to escape (Ehud), but in the sense that we want to say, "That's not right. That can't be the way God works!"
More than that, you'll have to be with us to hear.
|Two (Worship) Places at Once
|This week, you have two options for worship: Join us back at the Club Room at 10:30 for worship, or join on Zoom. Login information about Zoom worship is below.
We have purchased equipment to connect in-person worship to the web. We have a camera that will focus on the piano and the pulpit, and a computer connection to the audio. If you join us on Zoom, you will be able to see and hear as if you were there. In addition, we will be able to hear your prayer requests and (eventually) see you. In the weeks to come, we will expand this further to include and grow our internet congregation. Please invite your friends, and inform people you know that will be interested.
Participate Via Zoom
Be There In Person
Worship will be a bit different until the danger of COVID-19 is over, and the Pink Palace has a few new procedures we need to follow.
It will be a big help if you come prepared. Here are the procedures as we have them now:
- Please arrive close to 10:00.
- Observe social distancing before and during worship.
- We are taking our own temperatures now. Please make sure someone takes yours. The thermometer the Pink Palace provided only reads in Celsius; a 100.4 F temperature is 38 degrees celcius.
- The Pink Palace has a form that everyone must sign to enter. The form is similar to what you may have signed at the doctor's or dentist's office. Please be sure to sign.
- Please wear a mask during worship. If you do not have one or forget it, we will have masks available.
- We will have hand sanitizer available if you want it.
Notes On Worship
- Chairs have been arranged in spaced rows. Please observe social distancing as appropriate.
- There will be no singing during worship.
- Please keep your mask on except during the Lord's Supper, and replace it immediately after you have taken Communion.
- We are following the same order of worship we have been using on Zoom. All of this is new. We are learning as we go.
|Topic: Sunday Morning Worship
Time: Sunday, 10:30 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 619 096 323
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,619096323#,,,,*770952# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,619096323#,,,,*770952# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 619 096 323
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.